Tuesday 2 April 2013

Review: Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara

After many months of being very lazy I have finally decided to get my head together and spend some time with my blog.

I purchased this mascara in Byron Bay at a sweet little beauty shop called Madame Butterfly. As fate would have it, it was opposite James and I's favourite Portuguese burger restaurant which meant I had no choice but to browse why we waited for our delicious burgers.

I first came across this baby, after a large sign saying "Best mascara in the world" lured me away from my half eaten burger and into the cool confines of the shop, where the sales girl with beautiful lashes of her own, waxed lyrical about this magical mascara.

Having been in a very loving monogamous relationship with Australis Killer Curves for well over a year, I was sceptical, However the girl assured me that Buxom is Bare Essentials sexy little sister and it was worth it. So with my brain rationalising I was on holidays and #YOLO so I forked over the $50 and shoved it in my beach bag.

After washing the last of the sea salt from my hair, I gave it a whirl. The first thing I noticed was the cute packaging and quite large tube. At 11mL I think this will last a while if properly cared for.
It also has a large "hourglass" wand, which is where the volume magic happens.
























I'm very much a tubular mascara girl now, but this stuff is actually pretty damn good! Unlike most mascaras, it can be layered for intensity and length but doesn't appear to clump at all which is a huge bonus.


Before


After

As you can see, it gives a naturally thick and intense look, without looking tacky and fake. It is also really comfortable to wear for my sooky, sensitive eyes.

Creepy Face
The only downside to this is the price. At $50, it is exceptionally expensive compared to my $12.95 regular lover. However when hunting around online, it seems to be only available from the US site and Sephora for $19, so if you factor it all in and the fact this little shop had to set up distribution, I guess its not so bad.

If you're looking for a great everyday mascara, that gives a natural look and is comfortable to wear, perhaps bribe a friend to buy it for you if they head OS and into Sephora.

B x



No comments:

Post a Comment