Saturday 22 September 2012

Textured Nail Art Part II - My attempt

So a few weeks ago I wrote about the delight of textured nail art for girls such as myself who are a bit too conservative to go all out with crazy patterns and shapes on their nails.

After combing Priceline for a matte top coat, I finally got to work!


Being a bit of a nail nerd now, I used the China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat to make it stay put,  a standard black, I think it's a BYS one and the Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte Finish top coat.

I'm Matte, bitches!

I first just coated the entire nail with the matte top coat, I before I got to work with the tricky stuff.
It surprised me how much I loved the look of the matte finish, especially with the black.

After basking in the glory of my own nails I decided to get on with the job at hand of testing the nail art.

My first attempt was the YSL look of matte nails with shiny tips. As Seche Vite (my top coat of choice) is very thick, I decided to just use the black polish which already had a shiny finish.

After finishing, I looked amazing, here is me with the black statue in my house...

!
Ok I might have lied a little, I don't own a statue, but it still looked pretty good.


I was quite impressed with how it turned out, however the shiny but wasn't shiny enough..

Being impatient and silly, and YOLO I decided to try again, this time with Seche Vite for the shiny part and the dot pattern as seen on The Beauty Department.



To do the dots I added a drop of top coat to a bit of cling wrap and then doted it on wit a skewer.
This was surprisingly easy to do, and while I wasn't 100 percent neat, it wouldn't take long to get good at this dot thing.

So overall, I think this is a great option for those wanting to try nail art but don't want to end up on Hello Giggles Nails of the Day.
My only qualm with this was the Matte Top Coat, I don't know what the deal is with making it matte but it tends to make the whole polish very brittle. Even with the base coat, I found it chipped quite a lot, and I only got 2 days out of it with my oily nails.
However for a special occasion, this is awesome.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment