Saturday 22 September 2012

The Most Amazing Brush Ever - Just go buy it already!


 Is this you right before you have to brush your hair? Are childhood memories scarred by having to sit there for hours while your mother attempted to tame the birdsnest on your head that was your hair?
While my hair was not so bad, my curly haired sister got the brunt of it, the finer underside of my hair always knotted and that meant brushing it involved ripping large chunks of it out.
This has always been quite problematic for trying to grow hair, and also having to clean the drain out constantly.

However my life changed when The Oracle, Zoe Foster, wrote a piece confessing she used this magic brush for brushing wet hair. As an avid follower of Zoe, I made plans to buy one immediately.
A few weeks ago I wrote about my hair and attributed 2 things to helping it grow thick and long quickly, one was not washing it with conventional shampoo and conditioner and my new magical brush....



Introducing the Tangle Teezer!

Don't let it's sparkly dog brush facade fool you, this brush gets knots and tangles out like nothing else, all while sparing the hairs on your head.

Case in point, snow hair;


After a long hair day of skiing and exposing my delicate tresses to the elements at fast speeds, this was the rather attractive result.
However, I was smart I had packed my Tangle Teezer in the car and within minutes was back to having Lily Bass perfect hair with a loss of only 5 or 6 hairs, rather than the fistful I'd usually get.

Since using this brush my hair is shinier, softer and much thicker, and I like to think my scalp is much healthier too.
Along with it's knot removing properties, it also distributes oil through your hair really evenly. Since using it, I haven't touched my argan oil. I just haven't needed to.
However in saying that, it does have a tendency to make your hair really oily if you use it too much on the roots.

While I have straight hair, I have found this is excellent for curly hair too. Both my Mum and sister have long curly hair that knots easily and cannot be brushed when dry for fear of frizz and dryness.
Mum bought a cheaper one from Hairhouse Warehouse and found that her hair responded really well to using this type of brush, leaving her dry hair soft and shiny. It actually reduced her frizz. Now both girls don't use anything else.

I can imagine now you're counting out your coin jar to buy one, so before you run off to a Tony & Guy salon, or local distributing salon to pay $29.99, I recommend you be patient and head to ASOS or Beauty Bay where you can buy one for half the Australian RRP with free shipping.

 B x

No comments:

Post a Comment