Thursday 6 September 2012

Textured Nail Art

So there I was browsing beauty blogs on my lunch break when I thought I might trawl The Beauty Department. For those who are not familiar with this site, it's absolutely fantastic for how-tos and some great DIY ideas. It's a US site but really can't be faulted in their detailed instructions.

Anyway.. there I was browisng away when I saw the most beautiful idea for nail art for those who are nail conservative, like myself.



As I've mentioned previously, I'm a bit shy when it comes to nail art and just prefer block colour, but this idea is fantastic! It gives an interesting texture that isn't immediately obvious which I LOVE!


I particularly love this style, which is a fun way to be neat like my silver tips. Apparently this is from a YSL campaign a while back - extra points for being fashionable!

My favourite part about this new take on texture and nail art, is that it's black. I have been in a loving monogamous relationship with black polish since I was 14 when I found an old bottle in our bathroom cabinet from when someone in my family went to a dress up party as a punk or goth.

I haven't actually tried this yet, as I always thought a matte top coat was boring and ugly, but once I find one, I shall be posting my results for sure!

B x

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I've become attached to the stick on nail polish. It's amazeballs the colours and patterns that come out now. If you do give this a go take a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How good are they?!
      I bought the leopard ones for a party, so much fun! They last ages too if you put a top coat on over the top

      Delete